Member: Wollongong City Council
Contact: Mark Grimson
Position: Economic Development Manager
The Economic Development team at Wollongong City Council is dedicated to promoting Wollongong as open for business. Through supporting business expansion and attracting investment, the team looks to support sustainable economic growth for the Wollongong economy.
As the first point of contact for businesses looking to establish, grow or re-locate to Wollongong, the Economic Development team can provide assistance across a number of areas:
- General business and investment enquiries.
- Location selection support for both land and buildings.
- Economic impact modelling for business development and investment.
- Support with application processes.
- Provide advice on government regulation; policies; funding and business support services.
- Facilitate links to education facilities to help support training; recruitment and access to research opportunities.