i3net event wrap-up: A BlueScope Supplier Townhall Presentation.
This morning, i3net Members and Corporate Partners attended an exclusive members-only event.
The Lord Mayor Councillor Gordon Bradbery AM kindly opened the event.
Members then heard from Dave Bell, General Manager Manufacturing Australian Steel Products at BlueScope. Dave provided a strategic overview regarding:
- BlueScope’s FY2019 financial scorecard
- Australian Steel Products strategy, projects and behaviours
- Strategic focus areas
- And both long and short term projects.
Senior BlueScope Managers then formed a panel and answered questions from the event’s facilitator, Yvonne Walker, before opening for further questions from the floor.
On the panel:
- David Bell, General Manager Manufacturing Australian Steel Products at BlueScope;
- David Scott, Manager Coke & Iron;
- Wayne Staff, Manager Steelmaking;
- Milco Stojanoski, Manager Services & Manufacturing Excellence;
- And Heath Fitzpatrick, Manager Finance.
Questions asked included:
- To aid the engineering and services companies of the Illawarra support BlueScope, what are the foreseeable capital, major work and asset improvement plans that you will need support for in the next 1-3 years?
- Update on the Blast Furnace re-line decision?
- What is the biggest challenge for BlueScope across the next 5 years?
- What advice can you give to those companies here who aren’t on your shortlist of suppliers and who want to be?
Attendees then enjoyed breakfast networking over a stand-up breakfast.
If you’d like to find out how you can become a member of i3net, please email Executive Officer, Bianca Perry on firstname.lastname@example.org