Covid-19. Message from i3net Chairman, Mr Emilio Salucci.
The i3net recognises that with the evolving COVID-19 situation that this is an unprecedented time for everyone and for many, a time filled with uncertainty.
As a valued member or partner I want you to know that you have our commitment to work with you, and alongside you, during this time.
Like many other businesses and organisations, we have been reviewing our operations and priorities in light of the outbreak of COVID-19. First and foremost, the health and well-being of our members, staff and colleagues is our top priority, while also keeping a very clear focus on how we continue to support you, our members and partners during this unprecedented period.
With this in mind, here are the steps we are putting into action now:
- Until further notice we are postponing all face-to-face events.
- This includes next week’s industry breakfast. We will engage directly with our guest speakers to reschedule. Refunds will be issued to those who registered to attend.
- At this stage, the Illawarra Industry Showcase will continue as scheduled later in the year, 15 & 16th October 2020.
Training and other events
- During the recent survey, a number of areas were put forward for training.
- We are now looking to hold these training sessions online.
- As we move to organise these, we will be in touch with the necessary dates and details.
i3net Board meetings
- The i3net Board meet monthly. These important meetings will continue.
- Today’s Board meeting was held in person, with the option for online attendance which 2 Board members elected to do.
- If you would like a topic raised at the next Board meeting, please reply to this email and it will be included.
Executive officer working from home
- Bianca will continue to work from her home office during this period.
- You can continue to reach Bianca as normal on 0401 030 023 or email@example.com – 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
Connecting our members
- The great strength of i3net is our members. Now more than ever we need to support each other.
- You can search for i3net members here and for our corporate partners
Links to official advice
- Official public health advice: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- Official coronavirus information and support for business: https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business
- Safe work NSW coronavirus information: https://www.safework.nsw.gov.au/news/safework-public-notice/coronavirus
- The Hon. Scott Morrison MP Prime Minister MEDIA STATEMENT Wednesday 18 March 2020 UPDATE ON CORONAVIRUS MEASURES.PM 18 March Media Statement
- NSW Government announces $2.3 billion coronavirus stimulus package. NSW Media Release – 20200317
- We are working with our partners and members to develop some very important and practical online content for you. We will announce these shortly.
- In the spirit of working together, SOTO Consulting Engineers have kindly shared their COVID-19 guidelines and absence options. You may like to review and modify these to suit your business if you haven’t yet developed them. Soto – COVID-19 Absence Options Soto-COVID-19 Guidelines Policy
This is clearly a very challenging period for our members, our industry and the broader community. We know the road ahead is uncertain, however, the network is here to support each other. The i3net Board remain committed to supporting you, our members and partners.